Thursday, March 31, 2011

Getting Started

I intend to use this blog as a place to discuss technical issues relating to Access Control. I plan to discuss Delegation, Attribute Semantics, Access Control Architectures, XACML and other related topics. Just so you know where I am coming from, my view point is generally related to access control in very large complex environments.

The first set of topics I plan to take up revolve around delegation. As background for this subject, please take a look at this presentation on Delegation in Access Control. It introduces some new terminology I have proposed and reviews the operation of several existing delegation technologies. I recommend looking at the presentation using a Powerpoint viewer as there is some information in the notes as well as the slides.

Next Post: The Property-Capability Spectrum of Attributes

No comments:

Post a Comment